Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 161

Thread: National Healthcare Now!

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    We already have the most expensive and least effective healthcare system in industrialized world

    Link:

    http://pressesc.com/01179219349_us_h...east_effective
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In this case they could figure that 99 times out of 100 she isn't going to die and if she does they have easy deniability. All they have to say is that "In their opinion....</div></div>

    How could they say "In their opinion..." no one ever even looked at her to give any kind of diagnosis from you original post

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She was turned away. Any lay-person could see that she needed care but the hospital refused her admission. </div></div>

    with refused admission because of lack of insurance then they would be liable for not even giving any kind of diagnosis to have an opinion about.

    I don't think that universal care is the answer, I don't know what is but I am fairly certain that ain't it.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    I dont think many would disagree with $125 or so coming out of a paycheck.

    The need for universal health care would level the playing field.
    There are so many that simply have no insurance at all, and can't afford it because premiums through private insurance can be through the roof.

    It's accessibility to insurance, not so much whether it comes out in taxes or premiums. Not everyone has employer-offered insurance.

    To give yourself examples of costs of insurance go to http://www.anthem.com and quote some individual health policies. A family of 4 will cost $604 a month. That's a $500 per person deductible plus 20% copay.

    Imagine the mom and dad in this family bring home $2000 a month after taxes (that would be a couple of $8 per hour nearly full time jobs). Their monthly income is automatically shot down to $1400, then if you USE the insurance you still have to pay deductible/copay.

    It would cost a family that brings home $24K a year nearly $10K a year to buy and use this insurance. (this is just an example - I understand there are other companies and other plans available)

    Halfway decent healthcare just isn't very accesible for everyone.
    (And we wonder why folks aspire to be on Medicaid - it's the best available in VA)

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    I have a family of four and I pay $325/month for insurance. Only thing I have to pay is $15 co-pay for doctors, and a $30 co-pay for "specialists". I have no deductible and my insurance pays the rest.



    We might as well get used to the idea of "universal" helath care, becuase, if Im not certain, isnt Clinton pushing this as on her campaign? When she gets elected, it may go into affect.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think many would disagree with $125 or so coming out of a paycheck.
    </div></div>

    I would. The government takes enough of my money as it is.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a family of four and I pay $325/month for insurance. Only thing I have to pay is $15 co-pay for doctors, and a $30 co-pay for "specialists". I have no deductible and my insurance pays the rest.
    </div></div>

    You are one of the ones that are more fortunate. Not everyone has that kind of access to insurance.

    What we're discussing are the ones without access to decent insurance. What I quoted was an individually purchased policy - what a family would need if they didn't have an employer sponsored policy, as an example.

    My last job I didn't so much as have a deductible or co-pay. But I was lucky with that - it's a rare thing to have coverage like that.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Our coverage would only get more expensive though through Unicare. It depends upon the type of medical care you are referencing upon where we fall in all actuallity. Medical costs are not going down. We've got a better chance of gas being a $1 a gallon than medical costs becoming cheaper.

    No offense man, but I really don't think Press ESC is the most thorough news source.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #28
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Your insurance plan is very similar to mine. And yes, this is a big plank on Hillary's platform, and she also worked for it when Bill was president.

    No one has a guaranteed right to health coverage. The idea was originally begun by companies in an effort to attract the best executives. Since then, it has snowballed into many thinking it is a constirutional right. I'm like Beast - not sure what the answer is, but sure this isn't it. Canadians come over here all the time to get medical treatment because the wait is so long up there.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    What all of you are saying you pay a month...

    You must remember by rule you employer is paying at least 50% of your premium and ussually 80%...

    So lets say it's 50%:

    that means that when you get taxed for the new healthcare, you will pay twice what you pay now a month, cause it currently costs twice what you pay for it (I seriously doubt your employer will pay your taxes for you). Also Healthcare will be much more expensive, as now you will be sharring the cost of all th uninsurables that are currently on Medicaid with health problems ect...And considering most of these make close to nothing, who do you think will pick up the slack on taxes???
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #30
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: National Healthcare Now!

    Canyesmellit
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •